Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo export seems to have hanged

Victor Bello December 20, 2012

I fired up an export of our Bamboo server, how long does this take? We don't have that many plans or data, and it's been going on for an hour.

The backup file has been untouched for most of that with a temp file next to it of 0 byte size. The size of the backup zip hasn't changed either. Is it hanged? Should I reboot the server? What whould happen if I were to reboot in the middle of an export? Can I get bamboo back up and running?

Please let me know soon, I need to get bamboo back up.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bryce Johnson December 21, 2012

1.) safe to reboot the server and I would do so to get back up and running

2.) nothing happens on the export except that the export file would be bad, which isn't a big deal

Can you find any exceptions in the server's logfile -- and if so to post?

Can you toss in your bamboo version to this report?

0 votes
Victor Bello December 21, 2012
Thanks for the reply Bryce, after another hour of waiting, the export finished, it ended up being 1.6 GB! I have no idea what it exported, but the server came back up. Again, thanks.
Bryce Johnson December 22, 2012

It's also trying to do your build artefacts on disk on the server. :/ We never used that feature, instead relying on filesystem and database backups instead of going through Bamboo's facility because it would indeed take hours for us to do it. There have been ideas of making just a "plan" export or a "plan by plan" export (and restore).

If you are like me, and like to use a lot of artefact passing or just the saving of certain artefacts for your build, you may want to have a look at and tweak the "build expiry" for each of your plans. You can specifically set the expiry of the build artefacts, history, and logs. Thus, for example, if your plan has artefacts that after an arbitrary amount of time you no longer care about, you could keep an infinite build history and logs while purging artefacts after a week(time setting) or after X amount of builds (whichever is longest).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events