Bamboo elastic image and AWS

Atlassian Admin October 24, 2016

Hi,

Is it possible to grant the needed AWS access to a Bamboo Elastic Agent using AWS IAM instance profiles rather than AWS access keys?

We want to be able to make use of the Bamboo elastic image to launch our Bamboo remote agents using our own mechanisms rather than having Bamboo launch them itself. 

We have a requirement to use EBS encryption across the board so we are proposing to take a copy of the provided Bamboo elastic image aka AMI and encrypt it.

We also want to add a second EBS volume for Bamboo agent to make use of.

I have manually launched a new EC2 instance using the image and I noted that the service 'copy-logs.service' is failed I assume at this stage is because no AWS credentials have been provided.

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2016

Yes. You can define the IAM profile on Image Configuration page in Bamboo.

Atlassian Admin October 30, 2016

Just installed a clean 5.13.2 installation onto an EC2 instance with RDS backend.

Upon reaching the administration console I can seem to find no section 'Image Configuration' 

I see it mentioned in Managing your elastic image configurations documentation, but even in the screenshots there there is no mention of IAM profile?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2016

I think you need to configure Elastic Bamboo first on the admin page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events