Bamboo elastic Agent in pending state

Khoa Tran April 28, 2015

Hi,

I started an instance running on Amazon EC2 compute cloud Ubuntu. The instance was running after 1min. However, the elastic agent has been in pending state mode after 38mins. Bamboo Admin page does not show any log under 'Amazon EC2 console'.

I also tried the link to the log file on the, but it got me to an invalid page.

A screen shot of Bamboo Admin page is attached.

The elastic agent started ok when I started an EC2 Windows instance.

Could you please suggest some steps to move forward?

Many thanks,

Khoa TranscreenShot.png

3 answers

0 votes
Phil Cook May 6, 2015

I am having the exact same problem the bamboo directory or the user isn't created. This is massively frustrating!

I have been reading this could be related to VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) and elastic IP addresses as bamboo doesnt seem to be able to connect to the EC2 instance.

Please can we have a guide to be able to run through and check against VPC.

0 votes
Khoa Tran April 29, 2015

Thank you Rafael.

I ssh into the instance, but the 'bamboo' directory does not exist under /home.

It looks like bamboo failed to even get started. Is there some other log with details on bamboo starting, before bamboo log kicks in?

Regards,

Khoa

Phil Cook May 6, 2015

Having the exact same issue here. No Bamboo directory or user being created. I guess this mean that Bamboo is not connecting to this instance. I have been reading a lot and believe this is related to the fact that its VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) but I dont understand what setup is required.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2015

Hello Khoa,

Thank you for your question.

Please, connect to your Amazon elastic image:

ssh -i <your-key> ec2-user@ec2-23-20-72-61.compute-1.amazonaws.com

Please, refer to Connecting to Your Linux Instance Using SSH documentation for further information.

Once connected to your instance, please look for any errors in "/home/bamboo/bamboo-elastic-agent.out"

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events