Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

Avatar

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
4,462,997
Community Members
 
Community Events
176
Community Groups

Bamboo downloads source code with wrong encoding

Edited


Team,

We are facing issues with bamboo, while its downloading our source code projects with wrong encoding versions, what we need is UTF-8.
we do see random/junk special characters in our translations [under custom actions of advanced installer] example : "Für diese"  instead of "Für diese".

We confirmed that there is no issue from advanced installer.
We confirmed no issue in the GIT and the machine too, as when we clone the code via gitbash, we see correct special characters. also when we download manually code from bitbucket, we see the correct code/characters.

Note: Build is working, Projects/solutions/code is being compiled correctly but just the code is not being downloaded correctly from bamboo. when we do manual clone, its flawless.

we followed below links for remedies but no much help:

  •     JAVA_Home was set in environment variables
  •     Updated wrapper.conf [under bamboo-agent-home\conf] with

    wrapper.java.additional.3=-Dfile.encoding=utf-8
    wrapper.java.additional.4=-Dsun.jnu.encoding=utf-8
    this helped to see the "System Encoding = utf-8 " under Bamboo Agent System properties
   

  • https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/Problems-with-encoding-Bamboo/qaq-p/761610
        but we couldn't find any file in our server with the name "setenv.bat/setenv.sh"
        not sure where else to change the JVM arguments
        Bamboo version we are using is 6.4.0

    Update : 07/16 
    we understood that the changes need to be done not only on bamboo agent server but also bamboo server
    we found the setenv.sh file in the bamboo server and made the recommended fix but haven't fixed our issue

    Hoping for some feedback from this community.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events