Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo does not send emails to AD security groups or distribution groups

Chris March 4, 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a notification in Bamboo to send an email to a specific group for a deployment job, but no one in that group receives an email. I've tested that the email settings are correct. INDIVIDUAL users are able to receive emails, just not the group.

I've tried everything. I have tried to set up the notification to send to a few different groups with no luck. I've also tried to send the notification to just the email address of the distribution group(instead of the group itself), with no luck. I then tried to send a test email (from the admin settings) to the same email address and the group does not receive the email, but an individual email address does.

Any Ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

4 answers

0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

It is supported because we use Crowd and have deployment notifications to both users and groups.

I'll have to ponder this one...

0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014
Chris March 5, 2014

Correct. I'm able to authenticate using my LDAP credentials and all the external users and groups I need to show up, do show up.

The problem is that when I try to use one of those external groups in a notification, it does not send an email to the users in that group. Is that even supported? Do they have to be local bamboo groups?

0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2014

Need more info, i.e. bamboo version? are you using Crowd?

Chris March 5, 2014

Bamboo version is 5.3.

I'm just using the custom user repository options. Below is the configuration in atlassian-user. For obvious reasons, I've changed the more sensitive infromation.

<atlassian-user>

<repositories>

<ldap key="ldapRepository" name="AD" cache="true">

<host>server.domain.net</host>

<port>389</port>

<securityPrincipal>CN=user-account,OU=Some OU,OU=OU,OU=OU,OU=OU,OU=Main OU,DC=domain,DC=net</securityPrincipal>

<securityCredential>password</securityCredential>

<securityProtocol>plain</securityProtocol>

<securityAuthentication>simple</securityAuthentication>

<baseContext>OU=OU,DC=domain,C=net</baseContext>

<baseUserNamespace>OU=OU.,OU=OU,OU=Main OU,DC=domain,DC=net</baseUserNamespace>

<baseGroupNamespace>OU=OU,OU=Main OU,DC=domain,DC=net</baseGroupNamespace>

<usernameAttribute>sAMAccountName</usernameAttribute>

<userSearchFilter>(objectClass=user)</userSearchFilter>

<firstnameAttribute>givenname</firstnameAttribute>

<surnameAttribute>sn</surnameAttribute>

<emailAttribute>mail</emailAttribute>

<groupnameAttribute>cn</groupnameAttribute>

<groupSearchFilter>(objectClass=group)</groupSearchFilter>

<membershipAttribute>member</membershipAttribute>

<userSearchAllDepths>true</userSearchAllDepths>

<groupSearchAllDepths>true</groupSearchAllDepths>

</ldap>

</repositories>

</atlassian-user>

0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014

Chris,

How are your users/groups currently managed in Bamboo?

Chris March 4, 2014
They are being managed through LDAP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events