cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo deployments failing with GenericJDBCException: could not execute batch

Josh January 2, 2018

Hello,

Today our deployments started failing with the error:

JDBC exception on Hibernate data access: SQLException for SQL [insert into DEPLOYMENT_RESULT (VERSION_ID, VERSION_NAME, ENVIRONMENT_ID, DEPLOYMENT_STATE, LIFE_CYCLE_STATE, STARTED_DATE, QUEUED_DATE, EXECUTED_DATE, FINISHED_DATE, AGENT_ID, VARIABLE_CONTEXT_BASELINE_ID, TRIGGER_REASON, DEPLOYMENT_RESULT_ID) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]; SQL state [null]; error code [0]; could not execute batch; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not execute batch

This pops up during the deployment preview and the deployment cannot continue.

Please forgive me as I'm not super familiar with Bamboo. I saw another question with a similar title, but a different error.

Here's my config.xml with the license details removed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application-configuration>
<setupStep>complete</setupStep>
<setupType>install</setupType>
<buildNumber>60209</buildNumber>
<properties>
<property name="bamboo.artifacts.directory">${bambooHome}\artifacts</property>
<property name="bamboo.config.directory">${bambooHome}\xml-data\configuration</property>
<property name="bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri">failover:(tcp://computer_name.domain.com:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?initialReconnectDelay=15000&amp;maxReconnectAttempts=10</property>
<property name="bamboo.jms.broker.uri">nio://0.0.0.0:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000</property>
<property name="bamboo.project.directory">${bambooHome}\xml-data\builds</property>
<property name="bamboo.repository.logs.directory">${bambooHome}\xml-data\repository-specs</property>
<property name="buildWorkingDir">${bambooHome}\xml-data\build-dir</property>
<property name="daily.backup.dir">${bambooHome}\backups</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.acquire_increment">3</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period">30</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">100</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_statements">0</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.min_size">3</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.timeout">120</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.password"></property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:hsqldb:${bambooHome}/database/defaultdb</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.username">sa</property>
<property name="hibernate.dialect">com.atlassian.bamboo.hibernate.HSQL18Dialect</property>
<property name="hibernate.setup">true</property>
<property name="license.string">our_license_string</property>
<property name="lucene.index.dir">${bambooHome}\index</property>
<property name="serverId">our_server_id</property>
<property name="serverKey">server_key</property>
<property name="webwork.multipart.saveDir">${bambooHome}\temp</property>
</properties>
</application-configuration>

1 answer

1 vote
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hello @Josh,

Please, notice it is recommended using MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle DB in production instances instead of HSQLDB.

In relation to the error you are experiencing, you could:

• raise a support case where more information can be provided OR
  • enable SQL debug logging in Bamboo (<bamboo-install>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties) by uncomment:
    ## log hibernate prepared statements/SQL queries (equivalent to setting 'hibernate.show_sql' to 'true')
    log4j.category.org.hibernate.SQL=DEBUG
    ## log hibernate prepared statement parameter values
    log4j.category.org.hibernate.type=TRACE
    log4j.category.org.hibernate.impl.BatcherImpl=DEBUG
    • restart Bamboo
    • replicate the issue as new entries to the logs (<bamboo-install>/logs/catalina.out) will be generated
    • review the INSERT statement that is failing, checking the null mentioned in error

NOTE: A considerable amount of logging will be generated, having a direct impact on filesystem disk space.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Josh January 2, 2018

Hey Rafael, thanks for the speedy response! 

I've been trying to avoid switching databases but I guess the time of reckoning is upon me. I'll switch to SQL Server and then update here.

Josh January 2, 2018

We decided to just make the switch to Pipelines. We were considering this anyway so this was the sign.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events