Bamboo deployment project cannot find plan variable

In my bamboo server (5.6.0) I have a build plan and created a variable inside of it (rccount).

In the deployment project i want to create a custom release version by adding this text as versionstring:

RC${bamboo.rccount}#${bamboo.buildNumber}

The first variable has been added by "Add variable to version" and i found it under "incrementable variables" (Type plan)

The second is a normal build variable.

When I hit generate prieview i can mark the rccount variable as incrementable and in the preview section it is counted right.

When I want to deploy the project the release number is shown as 

RC${bamboo.rccount}#23

When I hit "start deployment" I get an error

Could not execute 'ENVIRONMENT:8749057': java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resolve VariableContextBaseline

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

I found the solution on my own. 

Plan variables are only valid within builds finished after the variable has been created.

So i just needed to run a new build.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,067 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot