Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo deployment plan - Unable to download artifact Shared artifact

Mark Cullen October 5, 2018

I can't seem to create a support issue for the bamboo project, so I'm posting here.

We've run in to a reproducible error with Bamboo build and deployment plans using shared artifacts (and bamboo specs). It seems that if you edit the shared artifacts after the deployment plan has been created, the deployment plan will fail.

Example:

Create a build plan with no shared artifacts

Create a deployment plan using the above as the source build plan

Create an environment with at least the artifact download task set to download all artifacts

The deployment plan will correctly show a warning stating that there are no shared artifacts

Edit the build plan and add a shared artifact

The deployment plan still warns that there are no shared artifacts...

Another situation which I think is probably related to the above:

Create a build plan with a shared artifact

Create a deployment plan using the above as the source build plan

Create an environment with at least the artifact download task set to download all artifacts

It works (assuming the artifact actually exists)

Edit the build plan and add another shared artifact

The deployment fails with an error "Unable to download artifact Shared artifact: [xxx], pattern: [xxx] anchored at: [xxx]"

It seems to be related to having an environment set up. If I had no environments, it would pick up the change in artifacts.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/Unable-to-download-artifact-Shared-artifact-Artifact-Name/qaq-p/630559 looks like the same issue and was solved by recreating the deployment environment, which is obviously less than ideal as we would lose deployment history.

I can't see any obvious errors in the agent logs. The build plan looks like it successfully published the artifacts, the deployment plan even seems to pick up the name of the new artifact etc, it just seems to fail to download it. 

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Bibby [Praecipio] December 23, 2019

Bump

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2018

It looks like this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-19948 that have been fixed in Bamboo 6.6.2

What is your Bamboo version?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events