Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo deosn't run on Windows 7

Yinsong November 5, 2014

After I followed the online instructions to install Bamboo on windows 7 and run start-bamboo.bat. I got Bamboo Standalone edition Version: 5.6.2. and got "this page can't be displayed " when I try to open http://localhost: 8085 through web browser. I check the config file and the port number is set to be 8085

My java version is "1.7.0_71"; Bamboo home direcoty has not been created since it has not launched yet and there is not log file created under bamboo\logs.

Any help would be appreciated!

3 answers

1 vote
Yinsong November 6, 2014

The problem is fixed. it turns out JAVA_HOME was not set up properly. it was set as C:\Java instead of C:\JAVA_jdk1.7.0_71 (java version), after update and restart, the bamboo server is running perfectly fine 

Just thought I would share and close the question

1 vote
Dayle Kotturi November 5, 2014

Sounds like "Bamboo" process that you launched via "start-bamboo.bat" is not running. I had this yesterday. Try running "BambooConsole.bat" and read the output in the console window that appears to see what problem is. If this stays up, refreshing your browser window should start to work. 

Oh yeah, and don't forget to rt-click on the .bat and select "Run as Administrator". This was necessary for me.

HTH

0 votes
Yinsong November 6, 2014

I ran BambooConsole.bat as administrator and still got the same message. it doesn't give me any errors or anything. The screenshot is attached. Do I need to install Tomcat or anything seperately to get this running. I saw it has built in Tmocat under bin.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! 

Bamboo.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events