Bamboo database: can I use an Azure SQL Database?

Jay Godse August 1, 2017

I am currently evaluating Atlassian Bamboo. At some point soon, I will upgrade to the paid version soon. I would like to use an Azure SQL Server database as the database for my Bamboo implementation.  Is that possible? Do I have to give Bamboo more than a connection string to give  it to access the database?

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2017

Hi Jay,

Unfortunately SQL Azure is not yet a supported database for Atlassian products. I see that other products already have feature requests for this, but not Bamboo.  There is a feature request that you can find at BAM-16517.  

I suggest that you vote on this request and you'll be notified of any changes to the ticket such as updates, etc., but for the time being, please refer to the supported platforms documentation for database types and versions you can use with Bamboo.

In addition, AWS is supported if that is an alternative for you.

Cheers,

Branden

Jay Godse August 10, 2017

Thanks. I'll use a local database. And I'll keep an eye on this feature request. 

0 votes
Massimo Mirabito December 18, 2020

Any idea when the feature will be offered. we just tried it and it comes back that it's not supported.

max

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events