Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo credential management

Liran Stern December 6, 2017

I'd like to know if it's possible to create a set of credentials (as used in a competitive CI tool) and re-use them in several plan steps.

The flow:

1. User creates a new credential entity called "myCredentials" with  myUser\myPassword (e.g. root\password123 to log into a specific service (e.g. Testing tool\ticketing service)

2. User can choose "myCredentials" in relevant projects without needing to input the user and password each time

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi Liran,

How about creating credentials in the form of bamboo variables and then using it in the plans?

Liran Stern December 7, 2017

When dealing with usernames and passwords, passwords should be at least masked, if not encrypted.

Update: I saw the following text in the documentation:

"Note that if your new global variable contains the word 'password' then the value field will be automatically encrypted. If you change a variable to include the word 'password', then the value field will change from viewable text to an asterisk string."

I'll try it out

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Yes, for the passwords the Bamboo encrypts and masks it with an asterisk string.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events