Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo cloud slack integration

Shai June 10, 2015

Hi

Anyone know of a way to integrate slack with bamboo cloud? 

Since there is no webhooks to bamboo nor custom notifications, how one can send bamboo notification to slack? 

e.g. - at the end of build process, i would like to have notification in slack

Thanks

5 answers

1 vote
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2015

There are two Slack notification add-ons available in the Atlassian Marketplace, which address these requirements for Bamboo Server scenarios (I realize that you are on Bamboo Cloud, see below):

Unfortunately 3rd party add-ons are not available for Bamboo Cloud yet, please vote/watch/comment on the following issue to raise Atlassian's priority for addressing this notable gap in their Cloud offerings:

Bamboo Webhooks

Unfortunately Bamboo indeed does not offer webhooks as of today either, please vote/watch/comment on the resp. feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14321 to raise awareness for this surprising limitation (given webhooks are meanwhile first class features and powerful extension points in JIRA and Stash for example, and have recently seen significant improvements in Bitbucket as well).

Possible Workaround

Depending on your specific requirements, you might be able to piggy back a custom automation solution on top of the existing Notifications channels, for example with a dedicated email address or HipChat room, and generate a slack notification from there.

1 vote
Jeremy W Walker June 29, 2015

We have been using Zapier to integrate our Cloud Bamboo and AWS into slack. Works pretty well.

0 votes
Alex Soto June 15, 2015

I suppose if you want to be guaranteed everything passed, but if the notification is the last step in the plan, everything effectively has. You may get some intermittent failures unless you design the notification to not return a non-zero exit code so the build step doesn't fail (use retries, etc). I do very similar to notify New Relic and Librato of deploys and I'm happy with the results.

If you really want to be notified after the build, create a dependent build that is triggered from the one you are interested in, and the only thing it does is run some curl commands to send notifications.

0 votes
Shai June 14, 2015

@Alex Soto,  

If i add a task with a script to my plan, i won't be able to report the plan state since still in the context of the current build. 

0 votes
Alex Soto June 11, 2015

I don't use slack, but I think you can add a step to run a script or a direct curl command and post  a message into slack

https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events