Bamboo claims it cannot find '/usr/bin/mvn'

I cannot the agent to recognize that /usr/bin/mvn exists. Hence my matrix says not jobs can be run. I even installed maven from a tar.gz and still bamboo gives the little red x for 'mvn exists'. What can I do to figure out what is going on?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Sorry Piotr, I misunderstood. I added _only_ /home/pstefaniak/apache-maven-2.2.1 as the path and now it seems to be running. Of course this means that maven needs an non-standard install on linux, which, I would think, should be considered a bug. Buy hey, at least I'm past this. Thanks!

1 vote

Did you add maven as a capability? For the agent?

Yes. I've added /usr/bin/mvn as an executable and it shows in the agent. But when I run the build or view the matrix I get error saying 'mvn exists' (not exits is what it means).

I really wish bamboo would verify an executable when its created not sometime later.

Can you paste the screenshot of your agent capabilities relevant configuration page(s)? I do wonder if you added /usr/bin/mvn as a Maven capability (good) or as an custom executable capability (not good)...

I added it as an executable. But also (somewhere else) I added it by selecting from a list that showed Maven 1.x, Maven 2.x, Maven 3.x. That seemed to make no difference. I have shutdown bamboo for a bit and restarted teamcity becuase we have some builds that need building. I'll get back to bamboo it a bit. Thanks!

Ok I deleted the maven executable and the maven job step and re-added both. Don't see what I did different but the agent can now run the job. However when it does I get various errors:

1) If I give a path to mvn as /usr/bin/mvn it tries to execute /usr/bin/mvn/bin/mvn

2) If I give a path of mvn it tries to execute mvn/bin/mvn

3) If I give a path of /usr I get

xception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/classworlds/Launcher
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Could not find the main class: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher. Program will exit.

I see what happened with the agent not supporting maven. You have to create (or at least update) the job task AFTER the maven capability/executable is defined.

Hm... seems you need to specify the maven home directory (/home/pstefaniak/apache-maven-2.2.1) instead of the mvn itself.

As I mentioned in original post, I already tried that. Bamboo simply added /bin/mvn to the full path of /home/pstefaniak/apache-maven-2.2.1.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,269 views 20 12
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you