Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo checkout from repository - where are the logs?

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2011

When we do a build in Bamboo, we see in the logs that the build started:

simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Executing build ABC-ABCPLAN-1047
simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Running pre-build action: VCS Version Collector
simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Running pre-build action: Build Number Stamper
simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Running pre-build action: Pre Command Agent Runner
simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Building started with ScriptBuilder

And in the build summary there is text that says "Build took 20 minutes". If I mouse over that text, it tells me in a popup box
that "source updating for 8 minutes"

What I want to see is the LOG of the source updating. Is that not logged? Is it hidden somwehere?
Is there a configuration setting somewhere that controls whether this is logged or not?

I checked the docs and the forums, can't find it if it's there.

Currently Bamboo 2.5, but I also don't see this in documentation for 3.1

3 answers

0 votes
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2011

Thanks. Must be a new feature in the newer versions of Bamboo.

https://bambooServerFQDN/admin/configLog4j.action... that's your internal sever, on one can get to that. :)

JonnyG October 27, 2011

actually, its not my internal server, look at the servername... its a stub.. like saying https://someDudesWebServerFQDN

the URI (the part that is AFTER the server FQDN) was there so you could try to access it on your server by supplimenting the stub with your server's FullyQualifiedDomainName (FQDN).. but as Bruski clarified, its introduced in a newer version than you have. Good luck.

0 votes
Sam Anderson September 18, 2011

We use Subversion as well and have managed to get the results of the update of the repository by doing the following.

In the Administration menu, enter the 'Log Settings' under 'System'. This gives you a selection of results to log, if you set 'Webwork' and 'root' to 'debug' verbosity this logs everything that occurs.

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2011

Which version of Bamboo are you referencing? I am using Bamboo 2.3.1 and I don't see:

In the Administration menu, enter the 'Log Settings' under 'System'.

JonnyG October 27, 2011

I'm using 3.1.4 and its located right where he said it was, here's the URI:
https://bambooServerFQDN/admin/configLog4j.action

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2011

This feature was introduced in 2.4, that's why you can't find it.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2011

It's not logged. Depending on your VCS, you may be able to switch detailed logging on.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2011

We use subversion. I looked at the bamboo admin panel for logging, didn't see anything that was (obviously) VCS or SVN related.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events