Bamboo: change broker URL on *some* agents

Sven_Paulus September 14, 2017

Hi,

I have a scenario where some Bamboo agents are behind a firewall and some are in front of the firewall. The Bamboo server itself sits behind the firewall.

The configured broker URI is fine for all agents behind the firewall, because they connect using the internal IP address. However the agents on the outside would need to connect to a different IP address (a gateway IP address).

How can I override  the hostname which the Bamboo agent uses for connecting to the broker port 54663 on the external agents? 

Changing the REST URI to the external hostname was simple (using the wrapper.conf), but of course the Bamboo agent connection hangs when trying to connect to the broker.

Any hints (besides modifying /etc/hosts on the agents)?

Sven

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi Sven,

Changes to the wrapper.conf will only change the Bamboo baseURL. 

You'll need to make sure to use an address that is both known to the internal agents and the outside agents to accomplish.  If you setup port forwarding on your firewall does the traffic not reach the intended destination?

In addition, take a look at the following Community posts for more clues:

Solved: How can I force a bamboo remote agent to connect to a specific server with port 54663

Bamboo remote agent

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events