Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo build exception, nothing changed?

Charles Richard October 28, 2013

Hi,

This morning, we are getting the following exception when we start Bamboo:

You cannot access Bamboo at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons:

<th>Time</th><th>Level</th><th>Type</th><th>Description</th><th>Exception</th>
2013-10-29 08:43:54 fatal bootstrap Could not load bootstrap from environment java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to bootstrap Bamboo: Your build of Bamboo (2812) is too old to work with the data in your Bamboo home directory (/ttfmserver/webapps/bamboo/home), which comes from build number 3715

We have found this article relating to this error:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/Bamboo+doesn%27t+start+up+-+Unable+to+bootstrap+Bamboo

What I have difficulty understanding is how could this have happened as we haven't changed anything in Bamboo. Could it have upgraded itself? If I follow the article above, how do i relate a buildNumber to a version?

Thanks,

Charles

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
felipe ieder December 18, 2013

Charles, we found what the problem was: make sure you execute bamboo.sh from the right directory. We had 2 directories

/bamboo-3.4.2

/bamboo-5

We are using the latter so the mistake was to execute bamboo.sh start from the former directory (/bamboo-3.4.2). I guess it would have helped to know which version of bamboo is related to build# because it's not straight forward to realise that build #2810 = v3.4.2 whereas build #3715 = v5.0

I hope it helps.

Cheers.

Felipe

Charles Richard January 5, 2014

Thanks! :)

Cheers,

Charles

core VTAF January 3, 2016

Can you specify the file path which should execute?

0 votes
felipe ieder December 17, 2013

We are facing the same here. We are running bamboo 3.4.2. Thanks for the help!

bootstrap	Could not load bootstrap from environment	 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to bootstrap Bamboo: Your build of Bamboo (2810) is too old to work with the data in your Bamboo home directory (/var/bamboo-home), which comes from build number 3715

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events