Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo branching with multiple repositories

groliffe June 4, 2015

We're using Bamboo (5.7.1b5715) with Perforce as our repo host. One of our build plans has more than one linked repository as it pulls together different parts of the top level repository tree.

For the default build, pointing to the Trunk repo, this works great.

However, having branched the Trunk tree, I now need to create a matching branch build in Bamboo pointing to the new Perforce branch, but it seems I can only override ONE of the repositories defined in the build plan for the branch (the default one).

Is there any way that I can override all of the plan defined repositories in a branch? If not, why does the main build allow you to define multiple repositories in the first place?

Cheers

Lance

1 answer

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2015

It was a design decision to only allow overriding a branch in main plan repository.

Using different parts of the repository tree to compile a single project seem to be a very rare scenario. I think that building smaller components/libraries/artifacts of your system, versioning them and using that as dependencies in the main build could be a solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events