Bamboo/bitbucket: New access key is required but could not be added to Bitbucket Server.

Patrick de Bruijn February 14, 2016

Hi,

I got Bamboo and Bitbucket running on a local server and when I try to create a linked Bitbucket repo in Bamboo i get the following error: New access key is required but could not be added to Bitbucket Server. 

I see the keys are created in the access settings of the repo in Bitbucket so i'm not entirely sure whats going on. Does somebody have encountered the same issues?

3 answers

1 vote
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2016
0 votes
Jason Curry April 19, 2016

I'm having the same problem after upgrading from Stash to Bitbucket.  The key is being created in Bitbucket so it is not an SSH issue.  Nothing else jumps out in the log files.  This did work when I was using Stash.

Jared Lesser October 6, 2016

Hi Jason, 

We are currently running into this issue as well on Bamboo version 5.13.0.1. We are running on Windows with 64-bit Git (version 2.8.1) at the moment. Git executable path set to C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe. If possible, can you tell me what version/path you have set. Of course, if you are running on Linux, it may not be much help to us. 

Thanks, 

Jared Lesser 

0 votes
Piyush_Wadhwani March 22, 2016

@Patrick de Bruijn were you able to resolve this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events