Bamboo/bitbucket: New access key is required but could not be added to Bitbucket Server.

Hi,

I got Bamboo and Bitbucket running on a local server and when I try to create a linked Bitbucket repo in Bamboo i get the following error: New access key is required but could not be added to Bitbucket Server. 

I see the keys are created in the access settings of the repo in Bitbucket so i'm not entirely sure whats going on. Does somebody have encountered the same issues?

3 answers

@Patrick de Bruijn were you able to resolve this

I'm having the same problem after upgrading from Stash to Bitbucket.  The key is being created in Bitbucket so it is not an SSH issue.  Nothing else jumps out in the log files.  This did work when I was using Stash.

Hi Jason, 

We are currently running into this issue as well on Bamboo version 5.13.0.1. We are running on Windows with 64-bit Git (version 2.8.1) at the moment. Git executable path set to C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe. If possible, can you tell me what version/path you have set. Of course, if you are running on Linux, it may not be much help to us. 

Thanks, 

Jared Lesser 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,559 views 22 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you