Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo automatic branch management doesnt recognize the branch created in bitbucket

Gajanan Chandgadkar October 3, 2017

Hi Team,

I have noticed some weird issue with Bamboo automated branch management. Bamboo doesnt recognize the newly created branch in bitbucket if the bitbucket repo name has greater than 24 characters and branch is not master.

So for example: If your repo name is "WebapplicationTemplate0123" (>24 characters) and you create any new branch for your repo, then Bamboo doesnt recognize that branch, even though automated branch management is enabled. If you reduce the repo name characters to 24 or less & creates a new branch for your repo, Bamboo will recognize that branch & starts the plan. 

I think this is a bug.

Note: If branch is master then I dont see this issue.

Thanks,

Gaja

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi Gajanan,

• Can you send a screenshot to show is your automatic branch creation enabled?
  • Can you verify the branch exists in BitBucket?
  • If you create the branch manually does it work?

We tried to reproduce the issue and did not get the same behavior:

2017-10-03 15:27:32,980 INFO [AtlassianEvent::0-BAM::EVENTS:pool-1-thread-14] [BranchCreatedEventListener] Received stash branch creation event [ aaaaaa
lo, thisisanannoyinglylongbranchname]

As you can see this branch name is over 30 characters.  At this point you'll need to take a look in your logs and see what the error message is when the the branch is attempted to be created and you can paste the logs here for further review.

Cheers,

Branden

Gajanan Chandgadkar October 3, 2017

Sorry If I have confused you. Its the repo name & not branch name.  Can you please try creating a repo which has more than 24 characters, and then try creating a any new branch. You will not see any events in Bamboo.

Cheers,

Gaja

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi Gajanan,

We still could not reproduce this:

1 2017-10-03 19:46:26,155 INFO [AtlassianEvent::0-BAM::EVENTS:pool-1-thread-2] [BranchCreatedEventListener] Received stash branch creation event [ thisnameisveryveryverylongindeed, anotherlongnamethingy]

In this example the repo name is 32 chars and the branch name is 21.  Do you see any errors in your logs if you turn up debug logging?  You can enable debug logging on:

com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.branch.BranchDetectionServiceImpl

Try it again and let me know the output and we'll see what it says if anything.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events