Bamboo artifact sharing vs checking them into Version Control

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

We normally take our builds and resulting website binaries and check them into SVN for later use.  This allows us to get back to a previous build if the current one is bad.   If the current build is 2.00.05 and is bad for whatever reason, I can go back and deploy 2.00.04 because it exists in our SVN artifactory.

WIth bamboo artifacts, how does this compare?  How long do these artifacts remain and can you reference and older artifact just before the current produced artifact?

I am trying to figure out if its better for us to store artifacts (website builds - deployable packages, etc) in SVN or to use the bamboo artifact sharing.   With SVN I can go easily back to the previous one.

Any thoughts on this?

2 answers

0 votes
Sergey Podobry _Stellarity Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

Use bamboo artifacts if it's ok to you to keep last N builds. Otherwise consider another artifact storage (svn, ftp, maven repo, etc).

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2015

The "proper" way to do things to send your artifacts to Artifactory or Nexus. These are the applications that handle dependencies and should be used as such.

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2015

Am I able to store an entire website as a folder in artifactory or Nexus like

websiteA-1.00.01.234           (folder containing a bunch of files)

websiteA-1.00.01.235                                "

websiteB-2.03.00.456                                "

etc

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2015

Probably not folders but a zip would work. Up to you to set up your build / test / release process works in your environment and organization.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events