Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo and Stash - Pull requests and Build Status

Alexandre Mutel May 14, 2013

Hi,

We are trying to integrate bamboo with stash, but the workflow between stash and bamboo is currently not crystal clear.

First, build status seems to not appear in stash, so I'm not sure if there is a setup problem somewhere (applications links seems to be correctly setup, as well as notifications from bamboo).

But the first thing we are not sure is that bamboo seems to be able to automatically trigger a build after commits have been done to a branch. So questions are:

• Does it mean that Pull Requests should be merged before trying to build?
  • But if a merge is breaking the build, I would not prefer this commits to be actually merged. How are we supposed to proceed? Do we have to create a special branch for integration like master_integration, merge on this branch, build on this branch, if build is broken, wait for an update, re-run the build, build ok, automatically merge from master_integration to master. Is this the correct workflow?
  • If we want to automatically build a branch before merging, how are we supposed to proceed?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ThomasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

Hi Alexandre,

Assuming you have branch builds setup and the build status is being published to Stash you should be able to stop pull requests being merged unless they have a green build.

There is a setting on the Pull Requests tab in repository settings to control the merge behaviour.

Hope that helps,

Tom.

0 votes
Alexandre Mutel May 14, 2013

Update: Sorry, I completely forgot that I can configure bamboo branches and this is where we can build branches before merging them. So it seems to like question 1 and 3 have a solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events