Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo and Ruby - Bamboozled Plugin

Craig Solinski October 28, 2014

Bamboozled Plugin for Bamboo 5.x is installed.

On a remote bamboo agent have a Ruby software stack installed.

Plan requirement will force plan to run on Agent with Ruby stack.

The problem is, on the Plan Configuration, Miscellaneous tab the Ruby environment is empty.

YET a selection must be made according to Plan failure message. I've clicked 'Detect Server Capabilities' on Bamboo Server but the Ruby stack of software is NOT on the Primary Bamboo Server - its on the Remote Agent Server.

This is my first attempt to create and run a Ruby plan under Bamboo using Bamboozled Plugin. (We are mainly a Java shop and we have 200 plus Java plans running successfully across Primary Bamboo server and other remote Agents. The Bamboozled docs do not seem to address the case where the Ruby stack is on a Remote Agent.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Craig

2 answers

0 votes
Radosław Antoniuk October 29, 2014

The capabilities you mention are (in your case) from the remote agent, not the server. So the remote agent needs to detect them, or if it is unable to, you can add those capabilities by hand. If you navigate to the Agents, click on the remote agent name, then you have a button for adding a capability for that specific agent. Once this is done, you can configure your plan to depend on specific dependencies that only your remote agent has. 

0 votes
Craig Solinski October 28, 2014

I'm thinking perhaps  http://rvm.io/ needs to be installed on the Primary Bamboo server, so 'Detect Server Capabilities' will load a valid value into the Plan Configuration, Miscellaneous tab.

Requested this software be installed...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events