cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo and Fisheye experiences?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2012

We are an OnDemand customer and are considering Atlassian's Bamboo and Fisheye products. If you have or are using these tools, what has been your experience - the good and the bad :-) What do you believe the best value propositions of using these tools vs others that do something similar?

I've read somewhere that Crucible isn't supported in the current versions and OnDemand is at the most recent. So, i understand that is not an option.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Hello,

Fisheye and Crucible (FeCru) + Subversion, are no longer sold bundled with OnDemand instances. Actual subscriptions wil be supported until October, 15th, 2013. We offer a new product, OnDemand Bitbucket. If really need to still use Subversion and FeCru, you can do it, connecting a standalone FeCru installation with your OnDemand instance (JIRA, Confluence, etc.), since now this setup is fully supported.

Lucas Lima

Atlassian Support

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2012

I undertsand your interest int he products, and the desire for feedback, but I do not feel this is the approprioate platform. If you want positive reviews, Atlassian's product site has testimonials and case studies.

If you want the negative side just google the product name and "bad", "poor", or "failed".

0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2012

My preference was to here the pros and cons from actual user with the current versions. For example, do they work better with certain repos? What are the benefits that a CTO or a CIO would care about?

Yes, I can google. But, this forum has active users. I can also search these forums and pull in a list of all issues which is mostly the problems ...but, expected these users to be more objective on both sides (at least that has been my experience thus far).

And, the internet can give me old information that may or may not be relevant any more (e.g. Atlassian has fixed things or added features). Yes, Atlassian is going to have testimonials, as all companies do. I was wondering what really matters to folks that actually are using it on a daily basis vs making assumptions about what is posted on the internet. If I am looking for information, that means we're actully looking to invest more into Atlassian products vs less...

I suppose if Atlassian believes this to be inappropriate, they can pull it.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2012

I undertsand your interest int he products, and the desire for feedback, but I do not feel this is the approprioate platform. If you want positive reviews, Atlassian's product site has testimonials and case studies.

If you want the negative side just google the product name and "bad", "poor", or "failed".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events