Bamboo always sends notification for an old build instead of the common one - how to fix that?

Kai October 8, 2015

Every time sources were committed with subversion, bamboo checks that out, runs through all steps configured an sends a notification email that tells whether everything was fine or errors occured.

But in the earlier past not the notification for the last build is being sent, but for an older build - every time one build number more )so the differnece is about 12 numbers everytime).

I think, any counter has not been updated correctly in the past. Where is the place to compare / fix that data, so that i'll receive the common nitification instead of one from an older built

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2015

Kai, this is indeed an unusual behavior. I've seen a similar problem in the past. Back then, it turned out to be an old Bamboo installation that got up after a server restart, so they had two Bamboo instances running in parallel (at the same time) and every time a user triggered a commit, the build plan in both Bamboo instances were getting executed and were firing off notifications. The funny thing is that the symptom is similar to yours. Since the old installation got stuck in time (because it was down), when it got up it was notifying users about builds from more than a month ago e.g. #150 whilst the new installation was sending notifications about build #200.

In any case, it's always a good idea to clear the caches and restart Bamboo, just to make sure those emails are not backlogged somewhere.

1. Stop Bamboo.
  2. Remove the content of the following folders inside the <bamboo-home> directory:
    • caches
    • index
    • jms-store
    • temp
  3. Start Bamboo.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend you to contact support at support.atlassian.com to get help because there's definitely something going on here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events