Bamboo agent on EC2 instance long start

Vasyl Boroviak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

We are using Bamboo OnDemand and EC2 agent. The EC2 instances are being started several times a day. But each start takes more that half an hour. See the logs.

Jun 5, 2013 1:50:15 AM Currently there are no agents that can build: AA-BBB-JOB1. New elastic instance(s) will be started (providing the configuration allows it).
Jun 5, 2013 1:50:16 AM 1 elastic instance(s) will be started for those builds that cannot be build on currently connected agents.
Jun 5, 2013 1:50:16 AM Requested that new elastic instance be created for configuration: Our_main_build_image
Jun 5, 2013 1:50:17 AM Elastic instance [i-cedb7ba2] transitioned from STARTING to IDENTIFIED.
Jun 5, 2013 1:50:57 AM Elastic instance [i-cedb7ba2] transitioned from IDENTIFIED to RUNNING.
Jun 5, 2013 2:20:03 AM An elastic agent is loading on instance: [i-cedb7ba2]
Jun 5, 2013 2:23:23 AM Elastic Agent "Elastic Agent on i-cedb7ba2" started on instance i-cedb7ba2

As you can see EC2 instance starts in 40 seconds.

Whereas time betweed "instance RUNNING" and "agent is loading" is 30 minutes!

That is a waste of time and money.

What can be the cause of this 30 minutes lag? How to fix?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2013
0 votes
Ephraim Moss October 10, 2013

Any progress on this?

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2013

You need your private key on your server to do that. I assume you regenerated it? Support will be able to put it back on the server.

You can also use regular AWS Console to get your password if you don't want to store your private key on the server.

0 votes
Vasyl Boroviak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Pezemek, thank you. There is another issue with the agent log - I can't login to my EC2 instances any more. It does not generate password. I did nothing to the image though. Would have to resolve that first.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2013

You'd need to look at the agent log on the instance to find out why it takes so long.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events