Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo agent not starting as service in windows

Bharat Santhanam March 7, 2018

Hello

I did installed Babmoo agent on windows , idd exported all the required crt files .

when i try to run the services from services.msc it is not getting started but when i try do it with command line BAmbooAgent.bat it does work fine .

Could some one please advice me what would be the cause and how to get it fixed .

when starting with services i do see this error repeating but i never see those error when starting with CLI . 

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2018

Hi Bharat,

If your Bamboo agent starts from the command line but not if you start it as a service and it throws unable to find valid certification path to requested target, then this probably means both are using a different JRE/JDK to run the agent, which in turn is typically caused by either one of the JAVA_HOMEJRE_HOME or PATH variables having different values for both.

If you've configured the service to run as Local System Account, you'll need to look at the System Environment Variables in Windows rather than the environment variables of your local user and make sure both use the same Java path where you have imported the certificate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events