Bamboo access artifact download in deployment?

aweisbe1 September 20, 2017

I am trying to do something that I think should be simple. Please explain if I'm missing pieces in my reasoning, as I'm new to both BitBucket and Bamboo. 

I have a BitBucket Server remote repo living on my web server. All users can push/pull/commit etc to it. I'd like to set up that when a user commits, it automatically checks out the repo and places the files in the right place on the web server...the development web root directory. 

I asked about this here and it looked like doing this with just BitBucket requires writing custom code for a post-receive hook to pull from the web server. I do not want to take this route as I don't want to write custom code and don't even have php installed there.

Instead, I have tried Bamboo but here too am running against a brick wall. I have a build plan that is running successfully that checks out the code and creates a shared artifact called Files. I then automatically trigger deployment, which downloads the artifact into the working directory (successfully) and then tries to run a move script that looks like this:

move ${bamboo.build.working.directory} D:/path-to-web-root

I get an error that deployment fails:

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. 

What's the problem? And is this major overkill just to check out the repo and get the files to the web root directory?

Thanks in advance.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events