Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Wallboard on Raspi with auto Login

Christian Klein December 13, 2017

Hi,

I want to display the Bamboo Wallboard on a TV Screen in our Software Development corridor.
For this I set up a RaspberryPi with Raspian, connected it to the WiFi und loaded the Wallboard in Chrome. So far, so good.

To display the Wallboard I need to login first, off course. Because of security reasons, the power socket is not energized at night. In the morning the Raspi is rebooting and starting Chrome in Kiosk Mode. To show the Wallboard you need to login in again, but the Raspi should work without manual login everyday, because there is no Mouse/Keyboard connected and we don't want to login everyday via VNC or something else.

On the internet I found a hint to use the login credentials via Wallboard URL, but it isn't working. Are there any other options to auto login into Bamboo to show the wallboard (an later we want to show the jira scrum wallboards as well)

Many thank in advance.
Cheers Christian

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Christian,

You said you had to login everyday.  If you use raspi-config you can set it to automatically login to the pi user.  From the raspi-config knowledge base it is option 3:

3 Enable Boot to Desktop/Scratch Choose whether to boot into a desktop environment, Scratch, or the command line

From there you can edit the pi user's .config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart file.

I tested this out and using the help from Can't get autostart to work I did the following:

1. I installed midori
    • sudo apt-get install midori
  2. I edited the pi user's ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart file to make it look like this:
@lxpanel --profile LXDE-pi
@pcmanfm --desktop --profile LXDE-pi
#@xscreensaver -no-splash
@xset s off
@xset -dpms
@xset s noblank
@midori -e Fullscreen -a 192.168.1.99:8085/telemetry.action

For good measure I pulled the plug on it, waited a while and restarted and it came up as expected.

Let me know if this helps. 

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events