Bamboo Upgrade failed due to an InnoDB requirement

David Penney January 23, 2016

I am attempting to update Bamboo form 5.9.7 to 5.10.0. I was able to successfully complete this on one server but I am failing on the other. 

2016-01-23 14:33:16,666 FATAL [localhost-startStop-1] [DefaultBootstrapManager] Pre-bootstrap upgrade tasks failed
com.atlassian.upgrade.UpgradeException: Pre-bootstrap validation tests failed: [Task for build 51012 failed:, Bamboo DB must use InnoDB table engine.]

I am investigating the MySQL setup but the configuration of the DB did not change between the 5.9.7 and 5.10.0 update. Was this a requirement for 5.10.0?

Edit: It looks like the successful server has all of it's tables set to InnoDB while the unsuccessful server is mixed between InnoDB and MyISAM. Can I just switch the tables to InnoDB (I am not a DBA);

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Penney January 23, 2016

Looks like you need to alter all of the tables:

mysql -u root -p

SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM bamboo WHERE Engine != 'InnoDB';

ALTER TABLE <table_name> ENGINE=InnoDB;

Note: It appears you can not do a group of tables unless you script it. Also, some tables may take a little time.

Root Cause: Initial install of Mysql has the default set to MyISAM. At some point after the initial setup of Bamboo on this server, the default was switched to InnoDB but the tables did not all get migrated. 

Solution: As above.

3 votes
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

InnoDB was already a requirement for older Bamboo versions.
The change in 5.10.0 is that it now checks at startup, and refuses to continue if it detects MyISAM.
See also https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15783 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events