Bamboo: Unable to create linked repository from Bitbucket Server

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

Hi,

I just upgraded both Bamboo and Bitbucket to the latest version (4.3.2 & 5.10.1.1) and having trouble integrating my Bitbucket repositories with Bamboo now.

When I try to create a linked (Bitbucket) repository in Bamboo I can find this error in the log files:

Can't authenticate with Bitbucket Server despite successful public key storage: ssh-rsa <MY_KEY> http://my_url/bamboo

And it seem that I run into the already known New access key is required but could not be added to Bitbucket Server problem - but the suggested workaround is not working in my case sad

I created a system ssh private/public key pair with "http://my_url/bamboo" as label. I added the private key as shared credentials in Bamboo and stored my public key on the Bitbucket repository. But each time I try to create the linked repository another public key will be added to repository. Where does this public key come from and to which private key does it belong?

Bamboo and Bitbucket are running in Docker containers and I wonder if this might cause the problems.

I already scanned through the Atlassian docs but cannot find anything helpful so far.

Any hint pointing me to the right direction would be very much appreciated!

Regards,

Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

Found a solution! smile

I missed this log entry right before the can´t authenticate entry:

Command was canceled: command /bin/git version failed with code -1. 
Working directory was [/].

Which pointed me to the right direction and I finally found out that the location of my git executable was stored with a wrong path: /bin/git instead of /usr/bin/git

amjkritner April 6, 2016

Thank You!  Was tearing my hair out over this one.  Bamboo's UI error message couldn't be more misleading.

Thomas Neville June 20, 2016

Awesome thanks!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events