Bamboo System Time

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

We are starting to get projects working with Bamboo v4.0 and noticed that the System Information page is stating that the User Timezone is Etc/Greenwich instead of the Atlantic East Coast. Is there a way I can change this so it reflects what the true system time should be? I can't find a way to modify this like you would in JIRA.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

You can set the timezone by specifying the -Duser.timezone=America/New_York in the JAVA_OPTS environment variable and restart your server.

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

Here is a list of valid timezone values.

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2012

I couldn't just add this as another export for the JAVA_OPTS like I initially thought, but when I added it to the existing line that dealt with the "headless" it worked out fine. Thanks

2 votes
Pat Sissons March 10, 2014

I am a bit confused about this configuration of timezones. Our server that runs Bamboo is configured to use UTC (and that time information is correct). But the User Timezone is also configured to UTC, which is wrong. I would assume the web system would check the browser's timezone and use that when rendering pages, but from your response it sounds like we have to configure the system to use the same timezone for all users? This definitely won't work for us as we have users in different time zones.

1 vote
Zans McLachlan September 25, 2014

We have hit this same wall. With a global team, it is confusing to have the time stamps based on the locale of the actual server. Is there a fix for this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events