Bamboo Source code checkout ignores alternative sub-directory

Gerald Ortner December 14, 2017

I created a plan where I want to checkout the sources from three different repositories in an alternative sub-directory each.

Bamboo creates the sub-dirs in the working directory but checks out the source code to the working dir root.

As the source dir is cleaned up before checkout I got the sources of one repo only.

Bamboo Version: 5.15.3 build 51515
Source Code Repo: Plastic SCM plugin 5.10.1

UPDATE: issue still occurs with Bamboo 6.3.0
Even if there is only one repo the sub directory option doesn't work. Maybe it's an issue of the plasticscm plugin. 

2 answers

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hello @Gerald Ortner,

I want to checkout the sources from three different repositories in an alternative sub-directory each.

As the source dir is cleaned up before checkout I got the sources of one repo only.

Since you mentioned the build is checking out of 3 repositories, you will be required to provide distinct "Checkout Directory" to each of your repositories, e.g.:

(Task 1) Source Code Checkout A
* Checkout Directory = directoryA

(Task 2) Source Code Checkout B
* Checkout Directory = directoryB

(Task 3) Source Code Checkout C
* Checkout Directory = directoryC

As a result, you will have in the Build Working Directory

<bamboo-home>/xml-data/build-dir/PROJ-PLAN-JOB1/directoryA
<bamboo-home>/xml-data/build-dir/PROJ-PLAN-JOB1/directoryB
<bamboo-home>/xml-data/build-dir/PROJ-PLAN-JOB1/directoryC

Kind regards,

Rafael

Gerald Ortner January 9, 2018

Hi Rafael,

that's what I did.

Here's the complete task config

Screenshot from 2018-01-09 15-06-21.png

After running the job only the source files of repo 3 (embeddedserver) exist in the working directory. The sub directories have been created but are empty.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hello @Gerald Ortner,

Thank you for your update.

Could you please make use of 3 Source Code Checkout tasks as suggested previously?

Kind regards,

Rafael

Hi @rsperafico
even when I create just one task that checks out the source to a differen t directory the source remains in the working directory. 
Meanwhile I guess it's an issue of the plasticscm plugin because I tried the same with a git repo and it worked fine.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2018

Hello @Gerald Ortner,

Please, get in touch with 3rd party vendor explaining the issue you are experiencing, so they can review the plugin and release a new version with a fix.

Kind regards,

Rafael

I informed the vendor about this issue. 

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2017

Hi Gerald,

Bamboo doesn't do that automatically, but an alternative to this could be to break up the steps into discreet script tasks. So, task1 checks out the first target repo and copies it to the desired directory, task2 and 3 do the same thing, then task 4 does whatever he needs to with the local copies.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Thanks for the reply. I'll try this workaround.
However the source code checkout task offers the possibility to checkout the source to a different directory. So it should work.

Screenshot from 2018-01-09 14-25-35.png

update: I upgraded bamboo to 6.3.0 build 60304 and the issue remains.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events