Bamboo Server 6.2.2 SSH & SCP fail to connect most of the time

James Elder November 7, 2017

Hi,

I have 2 SSH and one SCP task in my deployment plan, all connecting to a server TJiraHost.ac.local on the local network using port 22. 

These tasks seem to fail 99% of the time and then occasionally they succeed.

Whats even more interesting is that whilst this is failing, if I manually SSH using putty from the box on which the Bamboo server is running to TJiraHost.ac.local on port 22 (using the same login details) the putty connection succeeds - every time.

Therefore, I know the hostname, port, username and password are correct, but I cannot figure out why Bamboo fails whilst putty succeeds.

At first I thought it may be related to the keep alive so I set this to 5s for each task and still faced the same issue.

Just for completeness, TJiraHost is running CentOS and the Bamboo server is a Windows server.  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
James Elder November 7, 2017

This ended up being purely a network based error.

Essentially, the builds were occurring 99% of the time on a remote agent, from which the SSH connections would also then be attempted. However, this remote agent was not able to see the deployment server due to subnet issues.

The other 1% of the time the SSH connections were made on the local agent (the machine from which I successfully tried SSH using putty). This local agent was able to see the deployment server as it had visibility of both of our subnets. This meant in these 1% of deployments the SSH tasks passed without issue.

Paridhi.Jain December 16, 2019

I'm facing the similar issue. In my case I want to ssh to one of my EC2 instances on aws from Bamboo's local agent. Both are inside the same VPC. I can ssh to my EC2, if I'm logged into Bamboo's local agent. But, I want to achieve the same using ssh task in Bamboo. Do you think Imight also have an issue with the subnet's settings? How can I check that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events