Bamboo Script or Post Build Action?

Sebastian Metternich May 23, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to integrate one of my build progresses into bamboo. But since the build needs some steps after a normal "mvn package" I wanted to add a script.

On my working environment I am running windows, so I simply wrote a little batch script, which compiled some class files, moved them to another bundle and finally zipped all up to a jar.

And exactly this progress needs to be represented within a bamboo build task.

Is there a possibility to add batch scripts to a bamboo (running on a linux machine) task?

What about the builder named "script"? What kind of script does it expect?

kind regards,

Sebastian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2012

Assuming you're using Bamboo >=3.1: If you add a Script Task to your build, it will launch your script as a batch script on Windows and a shell script on Linux.

Sebastian Metternich May 23, 2012

Hey unfortunately my company is still using version 2.0 build 801.

What is bamboo's default behavior about scripts in this version?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2012

With 2.0, you can try installing a very old version of this plugin: https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.sysbliss.bamboo.plugins.prepost-build-command . Another solution would be to use the Script Builder to run the whole build, but that will amke Bamboo unaware of the fact that this is a Maven build - it should work though.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2012

And for new Bamboo releases you can also use groovy scripts: Bamboo Groovy Task Plugin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events