Bamboo was installed using wizard and set to run as a windows service. I was trying to configure SSL on 8445 port using jetty.xml. In case jetty.xml contains settings for normal non-ssl running on port 8085 and the following connector:

<Call name="addConnector">
<Arg>
<New class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
<Set name="port"><Property name="jetty.port" default="8085"/></Set>
</New>
</Arg>
</Call>

everything runs ok, but as soon as I replace the above connector with the ssl one:

<Call name="addConnector">
<Arg>
<New class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.ssl.SslSelectChannelConnector">
<Arg>
<New class="org.eclipse.jetty.http.ssl.SslContextFactory">
<Set name="keyStore"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="." />/keystore</Set>
<Set name="keyStorePassword">password</Set>
<Set name="keyManagerPassword">password</Set>
</New>
</Arg>
<Set name="port">8445</Set>
<Set name="maxIdleTime">30000</Set>
</New>
</Arg>
</Call>

bamboo service shuts down after about a minute. Can someone shed some light, cause seems to be a common issue and the documentation defenitely lacks clarity and is just full of outdated workarounds.

Bamboo version 4.4.1

Thanks.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

This was handled in support and it turns out that the issue was in path and extension to keystore file. The keystore file should be a .keystore and you can specify absolute paths in the jetty.xml file

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

119 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you