Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo SSH Task - Is there a possible way to add -t for ssh remote connection

Pason Hu November 15, 2012

Hi :

Recently I'm using Bamboo SSH task to handle some jobs related with deployment in remote server, however, there's some commands need sudo permission in my shell script, just like "sudo pkgadd", as I add it as a Bamboo SSH Task and run it, in the log I saw there's an error indicated "ssh no tty present and no askpass program specified", as I googled solution, I found add -t parameter when we setup ssh connection could resolve this problem, so Just want to know is there anyway we can define these params like "-t" in Bamboo SSH Task ?

Thanks

Pason

3 answers

4 votes
The dude May 11, 2014

Requiretty is a security measure. Also having to modify each server's config is less than ideal. When will we be able to specify params to ssh?

Todd Rinaldo October 10, 2016

Also I need to be able to run tests in the remote SSH with access to TTY. 

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2012

If you run this:

sudo sed -i s/.*requiretty.*// /etc/sudoers

on the destination machine, you won't need a TTY to log in.

Richard Cross November 17, 2015

That's quite a cavalier solution, and not something you can necessarily do in production environments with tight security restrictions. Why can this not be a simple checkbox option on the SSH Task?

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Hello,

Note that you have full SSH and root access to your AWS instance, so yes, you can perform this setting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events