Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo SCP Task creating remote directories over and over again

Harry Robinson February 6, 2014

I've created a build plan that simply fetches a branch from a remote GIT repository and creates a deployable artifcate using the ANT copy pattern "**/*". The build plan runs fine and the contents of the artifact mirror all the files and directories in my GIT repository. I'm also able deploy the artifact to a remote Ubuntu server successfully using a SCP Task. My remote directory has the exact same contents as my artifact as desired.

The problem is when I look at the log file, I see the SCP task creating the artifacts directories over and over again in rapid succession. My artifact has an "app" folder at the root directory and my log file of the SCP task looks as follows:

[snippit]

simle	07-Feb-2014 15:35:35	Creating remote directory 'app'...
simple	07-Feb-2014 15:35:35	Creating remote directory 'app'...

[snippit]

It almost looks like it's creating the directory for each file that's being uploaded into it, even for files that are nested many levels deep within the app/ directory structure.

Any advice with what's going on here is much appreciated. Thanks!

- Harry

1 answer

0 votes
Brian Colavito November 13, 2014

I am getting it too. I counted and confirmed that it is in fact recreating (or saying that its recreating) the directory for each file (excluding sub directories). I wonder if it is impacting the copy time, because it seems to take a very long time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events