Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Quiet Period Not Delaying Builds

Jason Unrein January 5, 2017

I have 6 build plans across 3 projects.  For the projects, one plan is just a simple/quick CI build and the other is the full build/delivery.  Each project is a different repository.

I was trying to set the Quiet Period to do a 5min delay and 1 retry (max 10min wait) but every time I commit code, it builds immediately.  The quiet period is never observed.

The repository is a Bitbucket server and it is triggered by the Bitbucket server as well

Linked repository config:

image2017-1-5 16:31:38.png

Trigger:

image2017-1-5 16:32:43.png

To further complicate things, I would also like the CI build to build immediately to provide developers with quick feedback if the commit is good while the full build/deploy is delayed the 5min/1retry. I was going to try to accomplish this by having a CI linked repository with no quiet period and a Full build linked repository with a quiet period.

UPDATE-1

Does this feature only work with SVN/Perforce? Going back to the original ticket to add this functionality, it sounds like yes.  

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-926

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2017

Quiet period should work for Bitbucket Server repository as well.

Can you please create a request at support.atlassian.com for investigation by our Support engineers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events