Bamboo - Post deployment webhook

Dev Ops August 6, 2015

We have around 100 deployment projects that we use with our Bamboo server. I'd like to be able to define a global post-deployment action that will send off the meta data from any deployment. Does this feature exist in Bamboo, or are there any plugins available that might do something like this? I've seen webhook features like this in Stash and Jira, but not in Bamboo. What I'd like to be able to do is an HTTP post with variables like:

Environment, Release #, Project Name, Bamboo User

I know this can be defined per project, but I'd prefer to be able to manage and configure this from one place, and not have to modify 100+ deployment projects x3 environments. Any suggestions?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2015

This feature does not yet exist in Bamboo, and I'm not aware of a resp. add-on either. More specifically, your use case has two aspects/requirements:

1. A new notification recipient type that implements a webhook for Bamboo, similar to e.g. the POST service webhook for Stash or Webhooks in JIRA - this requires Building a Notification Plugin (more specifically a Notification Recipient and Notification Transport), a resp. feature request is tracked via https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14321
  2. A System level global notification type similar to e.g. the existing Job level 'Deployment started and finished' type - this also requires Building a Notification Plugin (more specifically a Notification Type Module).

Once the former would be available, it might be possibly to add the latter to Carolyn Van Slyck's excellent Deployment Notifications add-on, which addresses another Bamboo limitation, namely https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14432.

Carolyn Van Slyck August 6, 2015

Once a web hook notification type exists, I'd be happy to incorporate it into the Deployment Notifications plugin.

0 votes
Curtis May 26, 2022

As of Bamboo 7.1, it now supports webhooks, that can be used with either builds or deployments, same as emails or Hipchat.

Using Bamboo Webhooks 

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2015

@Dev Ops - this won't help you right away, but Utoolity is currently working on a (commercial) add-on that would ultimately allow this (we have just postponed the 1.0 release in favor of a related and enabling feature within https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.utoolity.atlassian.bamboo.tasks-for-aws though). While version 1.0 would a) not offer the global notification yet, and b) require an AWS account of yours, we plan to address a) short-term and b) mid-term in subsequent releases and are always happy to talk priorities - please don't hesitate to get in touch if you are interested (mailto://contact@utoolity.net).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events