Bamboo - Plan Branch is omitting a task in its builds

Clay Harris July 22, 2015

We recently added a new task to our builds, and it works fine in the primary plan.  Our branch plan omits it however.  When it builds, it doesn't even show the task at all.  The task is still enabled and runs in the primary.

I've created other jobs and tasks since, everything else seems to be working fine, but somehow the main configuration / task isn't carrying over to the branch.

How can I get my branch to run the task?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Soto July 23, 2015

Did the branch plan exist before you added the new task?  I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking that the plan does not inherit new changes to the primary plan.

Clay Harris July 23, 2015

It did exist prior to adding the task. Shortly after I posted though, without any configuration change (and with a couple builds in between) - it randomly added the missing task. I have no idea why it wasn't included in one build, and then was included in the next. Erratic behavior does not make for a very reliable build process

Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2015

>that the plan does not inherit new changes to the primary plan. They do, but builds started before config change run with the old config.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events