cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Permissions Audit Report

roy_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

I tried looking through the REST API Browser (and I unchecked public api only) for a way to expose the permissions given to a particular plan and could not find one. Not sure if there is a JSON-RPC api available to let me get this information or not...

Management wants me to make a spreadsheet of all IDs that have access to Bamboo, what role each ID has on each priviledged resource - and they also want to know the last login time (which I am not sure I can even get).

I know that there are cases where the permission is based on a group, and I can query Jira to get the group members... but I just dont want to go through thousands of plans individually on the web interface, that would take me a month to do.

Looking to see if anyone else had to do something similar and can share.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
roy_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

web scraping is icky... but if worse comes to worse, I do have....

curl -k -u 'ausername:somepassword' https://my.bamboo.url/chain/admin/config/editChainPermissions.action?buildKey=MYBUILD-KEY | awk -F\" '/bambooPermission_/{ print $(NF - 1) }'

I don't want this to be the accepted answer... but just in case there is no better answer I wanted to put it out there for everyone else.

roy_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

Currently scraping...

jvelapol August 17, 2017

As a 3-year late suggestion - I'd add a 

| grep " checked "

before the awk to your solution.  Also, don't forget the Deploy side, too...

roy_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2017

:) way to necromance :)  but yes, thats a valid comment

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

I don't think this is exposed through REST. You could write a plugin for it but it might be kinda hairy...

There are 2 rest end points that can give you the projects/plans that you could always pipe into the above( https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo/REST/5.0-SNAPSHOT/#d2e41). If this is going to be a one-off - it might just be worth it go for the ugly...

roy_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

Yeah, I saw it wasnt in rest, but that doesn't mean we cant use JSON-RPC... I learned at Summit 2013 that theres still a lot of things you can do with JSON-RPC that isnt in REST yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events