Bamboo Performance is Very Bad

Luminai October 28, 2017

Hello,

I'm having serious performance issues with Bamboo. Page loads take upwards of 20 seconds. I have increased the max java memory heap to 2048MB but it isn't helping. Is there anything else I can try to increase performance?

I'm running Bamboo 6.2.2 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

4 answers

0 votes
Luminai December 28, 2017

I am now running 6.3.0 and I'm still having issues. As a result we still haven't really used Bamboo. At this rate we might consider moving to jenkins.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2017

Hi Frans,

We might need more information from you. Let me create a support ticket for you and followup from there.

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2017

Hi Frans,

Are you seeing high CPU usage at the time you're observing poor performance? What backend database are you using?

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Luminai November 1, 2017

CPU usage is minimal, between 1 and 5%. I'm using MySQL as a database back-end

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
October 28, 2017

We'd need thread dumps to analyze this issue.It would be best if you contacted support.

Luminai October 31, 2017

I can't contact support due to having a starter license. I'm being redirected to the community.

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2017

Are you running it standalone or is it deployed in Tomcat? 

Luminai October 28, 2017

I have installed the standalone.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2017

I think there was some performance issues with standalone on Windows Server 2010 though.

Do you think you can try deploying it on Tomcat? To test out and see if the issue still persists? 

Luminai October 30, 2017

I'll try and see if I can get some results.

Luminai October 31, 2017

@Tayyab Bashir The link you provided is for deploying applications into tomcat using Bamboo. The supported platforms page also states that the only supported configuration is the bundled tomcat server. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events