Bamboo Perforce plan stuck on "checking out source code". Why?

Jonathan MacAlpine July 22, 2014

I have a number of plans pointing to a few different workspaces on my build machine. One plan (and its associated branches) seems to have stopped working for some reason. It has been stuck on "Checking out source code" for about a day now, despite the plan having worked in the past, and other plans in the system working correctly.

There haven't been any recent changes in the Perforce workspace it's listening to, and I don't see any errors in the Bamboo logs that would seem relevant.

Why is it stuck on "checking out source code"?

3 answers

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2014

If you're on a Bamboo version older than 5.5, please upgrade and see if the problem goes away. Upgrading to 5.6 is recommended.

Jonathan MacAlpine August 21, 2014

Continuing to have the issue even after updating to 5.6.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2014

Please open a support issue through the support tools plugin, we'll see what's wrong.

0 votes
Jonathan MacAlpine July 30, 2014

This is becoming much more of a problem. The build machine is stalling out roughly once every two days.

0 votes
Jonathan MacAlpine July 22, 2014

Well... It seems to have resolved itself by rebooting the build machine. Still don't understand why it got stuck in the first place.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events