Bamboo & Perforce & Label's?

Damien Glancy March 14, 2012

Quick question.... we use Bamboo 2.5.1 (download) and Perforce source control here at work and I am struggling to achieve something which on the face of it should be fairly straighforward.

I am trying to get a Bamboo plan to to grab a Perforce label rather than just the latest/head of a perforce repository and I just can't figure out how this can be done.

The scenario is that I have a "Release" plan that has been labeled in Perforce (dev changes may have been made since the label was applied) and I want this plan to go against the tested label rather than the head.

Anybody got any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Gabor Maghera March 14, 2012

You're supposed to be able to do this via the "Depot View" field in the source repository configuration, but it's broken. If it were working correctly, you would enter something like this for the field value:

//autobuild::main-dist/...@myLabel (where autobuild::main-dist is the name of the workspace used by the plan)

There is a support issue here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-8773 , which is "resolved" although the issue is still present.

I wish Atlassian spent as much effort on supporting Perforce as it does for Mercurial or Git. Replacing the outdated Tek42 P4Java with Perforce's own P4Java API would be a nice move, IMO.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events