Bamboo OnDemand Trigger against BitBucket

Scott Peterson July 18, 2013

Hello:

I am trying to get Bamboo to run whenever I commit code to my BitBucket repository. However, the trigger does not appear to be working. I setup a trigger in Bamboo Ondemand, and can successfully run a build manually. I also setuo the Bamboo service in BitBucket. However, committing code to BitBucket does not seem to do anything. Many resources I've found refer to hosted Bamboo, so I'm not certain if my desired setup is even possible.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Scott

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Peterson July 24, 2013

This turned out to my issue. When entering the information for the Bamboo service in BitBucket, I entered my BitBucket Username, not my BamBoo OnDemand Username. Once the login information was correct, everything worked just fine...

Steve Muskiewicz July 24, 2013

Can you elaborate on where in Bitbucket you enter Bamboo credentials? I don't recall seeing that anywhere?

When you are in a repository on BitBucket, click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right (or type 'r' followed by 'a'). Then you will see the Admin page. On the left you will see links, one of which says "Services." Click on Services and you will see the Services page, as shown in the last of my screenshots above. Enter the Bamboo credentials, plan and URL as shown.

Steve Muskiewicz July 24, 2013

Thanks, I hadn't looked into the Services settings.

Just so I follow you right (since I'm having the same issue as posed in your original question), I need to configure Bitbucket to be aware of my Bamboo OnDemand instance in addition to configuring my Bamboo plan to point at Bitbucket in order to get my triggers to work properly?

Thanks!

Yes, having both things in place appears to get it done, especially when you set up a trigger to automatically build on a commit.

Steve Muskiewicz July 25, 2013

Thanks, I guess we've been spoiled with the existing OnDemand suite, I'm used to only having to look in one place (Bamboo plan config screens) to set up everything. (And it is somewhat confusing when "Bitbucket" is listed right in the source repository menu in the plan configuration and when the "triggers" screen makes no mention of the need to explicitly configure the Bamboo service within Bitbucket)

Hopefully someday Bitbucket will become a little more integrated into the OnDemand suite of tools...

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2013

Without furher information it's hard to tell what's going wrong, but while investigating I have found a bug the Bamboo service that could be what is affecting you.

I've deployed a fix for this. If this does not address the issue for you, please email us at support@bitbucket.org and we can investigate further.

Scott Peterson July 19, 2013

Sorry for the lack of information, but thanks for looking into this for me. I can tell you that:

• I can see the latest commit in BitBucket when I add a test file to my project
  • I previously added a new POST service to the repository and I see a post at http://posttestserver.com/ when I commited code (just a test file), before and after your change.

It seems that BitBucket is sending information, but Bamboo wasn't getting notified. My Bamboo instance was (and still is) up and running, having been started manually, but no build runs aftger a commit. I added various screenshots so you can see how things are set:

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2013

Can you report to support the details of your OnDemand instance, the build plan and which repo this is on? We can look into the issue deeper from there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events