Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo OnDemand Security Groups

Graham Sutcliffe August 28, 2013

Bamboo OnDemand must run in a separate region from our EC2 instances because of license restrictions ("Maximum Number Of Elastic Instances" cannot be greater than 1 in the Configuration section). EC2 Security Groups will only allow in-Region security groups to be identified. Because of this I cannot figure out how to allow elastic bamboo instances access our EC2 instances with security integrity. These are non-VPC instances.

For example... How can I use SSH/SCP tasks without opening port 22 on my EC2 instances up to the world?

2 answers

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2013

I think you could try assigning an Elastic IP to your instances (with instance startup script) and limit port 22 access only to the Elastic IPs assigned to you.

Graham Sutcliffe August 28, 2013

Is that normally how it is done? Makes sense and I can't figure out any other way to ensure the security stays in place. I'm assuming I have to create my own custom AMI and then install the AWS command line tools.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2013

Everything you need should already be on the default image.

0 votes
Graham Sutcliffe September 24, 2013

I was away for a few weeks and other things on the project took priority. However I followed instructions (good example here: http://www.idevelopment.info/data/AWS/AWS_Tips/AWS_Management/AWS_14.shtml) and am able to get an instance to start up utilizing an existing Elastic IP. Thanks for the direction Przemek.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events