Bamboo OnDemand C++ Coverage/Profile reporting and Release Management

Matt Clarkson July 6, 2012

We have set up Bamboo OnDemand with custom agents. We primarily target C++ so have written a cppunit JunitOutputter Class that gives us some great integration. If anyone is interested in the Junit class I can post the patch - gives much better output than XSLT conversion from unit.

We would like to do more automatic integration such as coverage and profile support. I could possibly write a gcov to NCover covert to but was wondering if anything will change with the impending 4.1 update?

Also we need to have all our releases going through bamboo with correct automatic branching. Should I wait until 4.1 before implementing this into our build system?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2012

We would like to do more automatic integration such as coverage and profile support. I could possibly write a gcov to NCover covert to but was wondering if anything will change with the impending 4.1 update?

No gcov support is planned for 4.1/4.2. If you want to have coverage support on OnDemand, converting the coverage into a format known to Bamboo is the only option.

Also we need to have all our releases going through bamboo with correct automatic branching. Should I wait until 4.1 before implementing this into our build system?

If you're talking about implementing build workflow with branches, you should definitely wait and see what 4.1 has to offer out of the box (or download a trial of Standalone release).

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2012

It looks like this script can convert between the gcov output to the clover xml report file, which is supported natively by Bamboo.

Matt Clarkson July 8, 2012

Would you recommend gcov to clover and not gcov to ncover. Or does it not matter?

Matt Clarkson July 10, 2012

I've pretty much got this done now - can you point me in the directions of the clover.xsd so I can make sure my file is correct?

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

There isn't any Clover XSD available. The best way to test it is to see if Bamboo can interpret your converted gcover data.

Matt Clarkson July 16, 2012
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2012

Matt, it does seem to be available (at least on my test instance), does it work for you?

Matt Clarkson July 17, 2012

Nah. we now have 4.1 and all the clover stuff has gone...what version is your test instance on?

Matt Clarkson July 22, 2012

It's been moved to another page in Bamboo - sorry I missed it. All integrated with gcov to clover convertor.

0 votes
Glen Tregoning July 17, 2012

Yup @Matt Clarkson I had the same problem. Seems like bamboo won't take my xml file and render it - seems to be looking for a clover install / license now?

Matt Clarkson July 18, 2012

Now OnDemand has changed to 4.1 I think the clover stuff has been completely yanked out.

However, the clover plugin is still running:

19-Jul-2012 01:15:43 Build TC-TESTS-WINDOWSSERVER2008R264BITCONFIGURATION-210 completed.
19-Jul-2012 01:15:45 Running on server: post build plugin 'NCover Results Collector'
19-Jul-2012 01:15:45 Running on server: post build plugin 'Clover Delta Calculator'
19-Jul-2012 01:15:45 Running on server: post build plugin 'Build Hanging Detection Configuration'
19-Jul-2012 01:15:45 Running on server: post build plugin 'Maven Dependencies Postprocessor'
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
July 18, 2012

Matt, we are currently considering enabling Clover for OnDemand - you will be able to use Clover provided that you have a valid Clover license. Clover has not been yanked out, maybe it's just in a different place (check Job configuration/misc tab)

Watch this page for latest updates: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=253231642.

Sweet, thanks for the update.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
July 18, 2012

That's correct.

When you say about license - would you just need to buy the 1 server license for AOD?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events