Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo - Not always displaying changes (commit desriptions) that are included in build

Lane Summers May 30, 2013

Having a problem of late. Bamboo is not consistently displaying changes (Mercurial commit descriptions) that are included in build. Some builds do display this information while others do not even though the build itself does include commited changes.

9 answers

0 votes
Philip Wiley February 25, 2016

I am seeing a similar issue. Was there any resolution on this question? Is there a ticket into Atlassian? 

0 votes

Have not checked log. I will check.

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Hm... I don't see anything suspicious. Lane, I'll pass on this - it's nothing obvious to me. I'm thinking that you should contact with atlassian support: http://support.atlassian.com and ask there for help - I think that this problem will revolve into full time investigation with Bamboo log analyzing and general troubleshooting - something that is beyond the scope of answers.atlassian.com...

BTW: have you checked your atlassian-bamboo.log? Maybe there is some clue?

0 votes

I do not see anything off hand. Use this link and you can see the comments in Mercurial and my Configuration page.

http://www.use.com/supersize.pl?set=195955b9a89ad852b89f

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Hm... that's odd.

Could it be that you have some filtering enabled for that particular plan/repository? Or maybe the skipped (not displayed) changeset have something common in their commit message?

For example I reckon Bamboo doesn't display "[maven-release-plugin]" commits in the build summaries, and also it skips the filtered out changesets (please double check your plan->configuration->repository->advanced configuration - maybe there is a culprit?)

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2013

Okay... Can you tell what revisions Bamboo was building in the builds #75 and #76? I see that #77 was building revision 9c5b18e (clearly visible in the second screenshot you attached). What are the revisions of two previous builds reported by Bamboo?

0 votes

75 - e1eefc9425a0fe72e3789e1a4311d676fdfbe3b9

76 - cd48f17b7e854ad33cb193be70bcd59ec05cb348

77 - 9c5b18ec518ce8b3c21929c4d351be5006638d89

Oddly enough, this used to work consistently. It is only recently that we noticed that it does not work for all builds and it also does not seem to be user or plan specific.

0 votes

Screen shots of with and without the description of changes can be found here:

http://www.use.com/supersize.pl?set=dfa955197f773b4e566f

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2013

Hello Lane,

Can you provide more information about the issue? Maybe some screenshot(s) illustrating the problem? I find your description too vague to be helpful...

regards!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events