Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Node.js Support plugin

Susant Prusty November 5, 2014

Hi All,

We are new to bamboo and we are thinking to install this plugin to run grunt scripts.

Can you please let me know the benifitis of this plugin in details and how me much more used in deployment ?

And please let me know if atlassian has any plan to make this plugin paid in future ? 

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

5 answers

1 vote
Susant Prusty November 6, 2014

The build error says unable to find c:\program files\npm.cmd ,  do you have to install npm.cmd  ?

We have very naive idea on npm and do we have to configure it seperately ?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

Marcin Oles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2014

Since version 0.6.3, Node.js and npm are distributed together. In your installation folder, you should have both executables next to each other: `node.exe' and `npm.cmd'. In your case, it looks like the Node.js capability is not configured properly in Bamboo - it is probably pointing to the installation directory of Node.js, while it should be pointing directly to the node executable (`node.exe'). Try updating it manually via the admin panel.

0 votes
Susant Prusty November 6, 2014

We hade installed the plugin and installed node.js in the system path and now we are getting error as npm is not working , can you please help us here ?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

Marcin Oles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2014

Hi Susant, could you provide additional information about your problem: - What operating system are you using? - What is your Node.js installation path? - Did Bamboo discover Node.js capability? You can check by visiting the administration panel, and then going to "Server capabilities". - Also, is it a problem with task configuration, or task execution? If it's during execution, could you attach any errors found in the logs? Best regards, Marcin

0 votes

Hello Marcin,

Thank you for your update and detailed explanation smile

I will have a look on this and discuss with my team regarding installing this plugin.

Regards,

Susant

0 votes
Marcin Oles
Atlassian Team
November 5, 2014

Hi Susant,

The Bamboo Node.js plugin provides a number of tasks in Bamboo that you can use to create builds for your Node.js project. Those tasks can be used to create build plans and deployment projects. You can find more about Bamboo tasks here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+tasks

Also, you may read about deployment projects here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Deployment+projects

The plugin comes with a Bamboo task called "Grunt 0.4.x", which allows to execute Grunt tasks seamlessly. There are also other tasks which you might find useful, for example "npm" tasks (which can be used to install Node modules) or a generic "Node.js" task (which can execute any Node.js script).

The plugin also comes with a definition of Node.js executable capability, which can be useful in determining whether build agents are capable of building Node.js projects. You can read about Bamboo capabilities here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/capability

This plugin may soon get bundled into Bamboo, which would mean it would be distributed with Bamboo and would be officially supported. There are NO plans to add pricing to this plugin of which I know.

Best regards,
Marcin Oleś

0 votes

Can some one please reply on this?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events