Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo NUnit System.InvalidOperationException

Ryan Holzum November 9, 2014
I'm trying to get Bamboo to Run NUnit tests.  I'm currently getting this error.  I've tried giving the task my sln, my csproj, I even added a step before hand to build the solution, and tried giving the NUnit task the compiled dll, they all resulted in below.  It's pretty much an empty NUnit test project, that has a single test that asserts 1 = 1.

And idea on what to try next?

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.ShowCore(IWin32Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, MessageBoxOptions options, Boolean showHelp)
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show(String text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon)
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at NUnit.UiKit.MessageDisplay.Error(String message)
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at NUnit.Gui.AppEntry.Main(String[] args)
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at NUnit.Gui.Class1.Main(String[] args)
simple	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	Parsing test results under C:\Atlassian\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\AW-ACC-JOB1...
simple	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	Failing task since return code of [C:\Program Files (x86)\NUnit 2.6.3\bin\nunit.exe client/C:\Atlassian\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\AW-ACC-JOB1\client\ABlight.Client.Test\ABlight.Client.Test\bin\Debug\ABlight.Client.Test.dll -xml=TestResult.xml] was -532459699 while expected 0
simple	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	Finished task 'Run Client NUnit Tests' with result: Failed

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ryan Holzum November 9, 2014

Incase anyone runs against this problem, I had a small error in the file path to the DLL.  However, the big problem is is I was using NUnit.exe instead of NUnit-console.exe  Once I changed that it worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events